Confidentiality is central to my work with clients. I store all records securely and I will not share information about you with any third party without your permission, unless I am required to do so by law.
I keep the following information about each of my clients:
- Name, address, telephone number(s) and email address, so that I can contact you.
- Date of birth, for identification purposes.
- Any information relating to your medical history and allergies that you have chosen to provide, as part of getting to know your background and how best we can work together.
- Name and contact details of ‘next of kin’, in case of emergency
- Brief written notes on each consultation and the interventions applied, to record the work we do together and plan for our future sessions.
You may ask to see a copy of your records at any time, by emailing email@example.com. I keep records on adult clients for a period of seven years, and I keep children’s records until they reach the age of 18 plus seven years.
If you would like to know more about how I protect your personal information please contact me. You can find out more about your rights as a data subject by visiting www.ico.org.uk